Support for Learning
This page is dedicated to providing advice and support for families in a whole variety of ways, and is constantly being updated with new links and ideas.
Just click on the links and find out more.
50 Things to do Before You’re 5 – app
Getting ready for School – Some Top Tips
Lancashire Early Years and Childcare Support webpage
Universally Speaking – Early Years
4Children – What to expect, When? – support for the development of your child
50 things to before You’re 5 – Bradford’s version that you can apply to your own child
Helping with English at home
Although these refer to the old National Curriculum levels, they are still useful for reference:
Phonics and Spelling Support – we use Essential Letters and Sounds as our Phonics Scheme, it is a government accredited programme.
Information for Parents
- ELS Parent Presentation
- Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation booklet
- Letters and Sounds website
- Phonics video clip – how we teach the children to say the letters
- Story Telling for Children – advice from Neil Griffiths
- Oxford Owl link for more reading support for the home
Helping with Maths at home
For further help for a whole range of other areas, why not look at some of the following links: